Some of the specific terms which may apply if you cancel or change your booking are as follows: Cancellation Fees: If you wish to cancel your booking the following conditions apply:
Amendment Fees: If you wish to amend your travel arrangements the following conditions apply:
- Your AUD$650 travel deposit, which is non refundable and non transferable, will be forfeited
- If the cancellation occurs within 90 days prior to the departure date, all travel costs, including the deposit, will be forfeited;
- Ex Australia airfares and stopover accommodation will be subject to the cancellation and amendment fees set by the specific airlines /hotels concerned;
- We are unable to provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from the relevant supplier.
- AUD$50 amendment fee will be charged if travel arrangements are amended within 90 days prior to the departure date
- Name changes are not permitted after full payment has been made. It is your responsibility to ensure that the name on your itinerary matches the name on your passport before making the payment; and
- amendments to flights after full payment has been made will incur a fee of AUD$200 per person plus any applicable difference in airfare charges and taxes.
3. Deposit and Final Payment: You will be required to pay a AUD$650 travel deposit at the time of booking. To the extent permitted by law all deposits are non-refundable. Final payment is required no later than 90 days prior to departure date unless otherwise stated. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Payments by Credit Card: Credit card surcharges of 1.5% for Visa, Mastercard and 2.5% for American Express credit cards will apply when paying by credit card. If for any reason any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that provider, and not against Inspired Travel. In the event that payment has been made to Inspired Travel by credit card, you agree that you will not seek to charge back your payment.
- Payments by Cheque: Please note that payments by cheque (including bank cheques) require 5 business days to process. If you are paying by this method you will need to make the payment at least 5 business days prior to the actual due date. You agree not to stop payment of the cheque even when you cancel a booking. You agree that we may apply the proceeds of the cheque to satisfy any liability you have to us, including any liability in respect of cancellation fees, before refunding the balance to you.
4. Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers participating in a Challenge. The travel insurance must be comprehensive and must cover accidents, injury, illness and death, medical and hospital expenses, including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation (including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable) and personal liability. It is recommended that the travel insurance covers loss of deposit, cancellation, curtailment and loss of personal property. The travel insurance is to cover the duration of, and place of the Challenge. You must carry proof of travel insurance with you, and produce it if reasonably requested by Inspired Travel, its employees and agents. Inspired Travel reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation on a Challenge or in certain activities that comprise part of a Challenge, at any time including at or after the commencement of the Challenge, with no right of refund, if you are unable to provide proof of travel insurance when requested.
5. Agency: Inspired Travel acts as a travel agent only. Inspired Travel sells various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other wholesale service providers, such as airlines, coach, rail and cruise line operators. Inspired Travel is responsible to make travel bookings on your behalf with travel service providers. We have no responsibility for the provision of these services nor do we make or give any warranty or representation regarding their standard. All bookings made are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by the service provider. If the service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against the service provider and not against Inspired Travel.
You acknowledge your journey will have the usual risks of travel and, in some cases, additional risks that are associated with adventure activities and the specific nature of your Challenge. You accept these risks and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss which may result from your decision to participate in the Challenge. You agree that should you be affected by any sickness, serious injury or other unforseen circumstance that Inspired Travel, and/or any of our overseas partner operators, can arrange any urgent medical treatment or emergency evacuation as deemed necessary for your safety and that all such costs will be borne by you and/or your travel insurer.
6. Liability waiver: We do not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. We do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control and which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
Inspired Travel reserves the right to change any part, or the whole, of the arrangements contained within the tour plan, should conditions or circumstances beyond our reasonable control determine such action necessary. In such cases, we will use our reasonable endeavours to provide alternatives of the same standard, quality and duration as the original itinerary. You will have the right to cancel your tour, in which case your deposit will be forfeited. Furthermore, if you cancel, you will be liable under certain supplier cancellation policies.
7. Change of arrangements: You acknowledge that travelling with Inspired Travel requires a degree of flexibility, good humour, and an understanding that the itinerary, accommodation, and/or modes of transport may change, even after commencement, without prior notice due to local circumstances. Changes may occur because of force majeure, poor road conditions, weather, the availability of tickets, vehicle breakdowns, changes in transport schedules, or other circumstances beyond Inspired Travel’s control or which simply cannot be foreseen. Inspired Travel does not accept any responsibility for loss of enjoyment, delays or compensation resulting from circumstances beyond Inspired Travel’s control.
8. Trip Notes: The information about trips given in Trip Notes and Pre-Departure Information is subject to change. It is your responsibility to review the up-to-date Trip Notes and Pre-Departure Information. These can be obtained from Inspired Travel. The information and conditions in the Trip Notes and Pre-Departure Information is deemed to be part of the contract. Where changes to your trip occur after you have received your final documentation we will, where practical, advise you of such changes.
9. Special Requirements: Please liaise with your travel consultant regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meal and seating requests.
10. Frequent Flyer: Please advise your consultant of your frequent flyer membership details for inclusion in your booking. Please check your frequent flyer program for specific terms of your membership. We cannot guarantee that the supplier will credit you with points for your booking.
If you need information regarding visa and other travel document requirements for your trip please let us know. We can obtain such information from an external visa advisory service provider engaged on your behalf. We do not warrant the accuracy of such information and accept no liability for any loss or damage which you may suffer in reliance on it. If you wish, we can obtain visas for you through this external service and fees will
11. Passports & Visas: All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel. Many countries require passport validity at least 6 months validity from the date of return. All loss incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements will be your sole responsibility.
. If you ar
e traveling to the United States please see https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov for information r
egistration for their visa waiver pr
12. Travel Advice: For travel advice, please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website at www.smartraveller.gov.au,
egister with them.
13. Health: You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. Please check with your local doctor or specialist travel vaccination clinic.
As a general rule your travel documents will be available for collection 2 weeks prior to departure. However this will depend on your individual arrangements. Please contact your travel consultant to confirm when your documents will be ready for collection.15. Governing Law:
14. Travel Documents: Travel documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date- changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Travel documents cannot be transferred to another person to use. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport holder. An incorrect name on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled or amended. Any errors in names, dates and timings on your documentation will be your responsibility. It is your responsibility to collect all travel documents prior to travel.
If any dispute arises in relation to the agreement between you and us as constituted by these terms and conditions or otherwise, the laws of New South Wales, Australia will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.